The First Call for Project Ideas for the 2021-2027 period of the INTERREG IPA Bulgaria - Türkiye CBC Programme was launched on May 22, 2023 on the website of the programme.
All institutions and organizations are defined as potential beneficiaries in the programme document are able to submit concept notes of project proposals until July 24, 2023, provided that they comply with the rules set in the Application Guide published with the announcement. Project applications will only be made online via the Joint Electronic Monitoring System (JeMS).
Under the announced first First Call for Project Ideas, public institutions, local authorities, educational institutions, professional organizations, non-profit organizations such as NGOs, and MSME's (micro and small enterprises) in the administrative regions of Haskovo, Yambol, and Burgas in Bulgaria, as well as Edirne and Kırklareli provinces in Türkiye, can submit concept notes of project proposals.
In the concept notes for project ideas that contribute to the specific objective territorial strategy of the programme "Increasing the competitiveness of the local economy through sustainable and inclusive economic growth based on digital and green transformation," will be accepted. Within this framework, project ideas in the following areas can be presented:
• Competitiveness and business environment
• Digitalization of the local economy and achieving climate neutrality
• Employability and labor market integration
• Ecosystem applications and services for the management of natural values with tourism potential
Concept notes for project ideas should be designed with the aim of joint management in a way to provide common solutions to common problems, together with at least one project partner from both countries. Lead partners need to be registered and to operate in the programme area for at least 3 years prior to the application, while other project partners need to be registered and to operate in the programme area for at least 2 years prior to the application.
Potential beneficiaries who can submit project proposals are as follows:
1. Local organizations of the Central Government (Governorships, District Governorships, Provincial Directorates, Regional Directorates)
2. Local Authorities (Municipalities, Provincial Special Administrations)
3. Public Law Institutions (Development Agencies/Administrations/Unions, Chambers, Exchanges, Cooperatives)
4. Education and Research Institutions (Universities, Research Centers, Institutes, Schools affiliated with the Ministry of National Education)
5. Non-Profit Organizations (Professional Chambers, Foundations, Associations, other NGOs)
6. MSME's - They are not eligible to receive funding on subjects related to the circular economy, since they will be be able to apply to the call for project proposals under the "Environmentally-friendly cross-border region" on circular economy topics. Circular economy subject covers all project ideas aiming to prevent inefficiencies in the use of materials or in the direct or indirect use of natural resources, as well as no increase of the generation, the incineration or the disposal of wastes.
The total budget of the First Call for Project Idea proposals, is 13.4 million euros (including co-financing) with 85% EU contribution and 15% co-financing provided by the two countries. The minimum amount for the project budget is 500,000 EUR while the maximum amount is 1,000,000 EUR
The implementation period of the projects is expected to be between 12 and 24 months.
Project idea proposals will be submitted with a concept note reflecting the project ideas. After the evaluation of project ideas, successful applicants will be invited to prepare and submit detailed project proposals.
The announcement for the First Call for Project Ideas and the application package can be accessed via this link.
Information events organized by Directorate for EU Affairs, which is the National Authority of the Programme, and the Managing Authority of the Program, can be followed on www.ab.gov.tr and https://cbc.ab.gov.tr/ websites as well as social media accounts of the Directorate.
You can reach the summary of the first call for proposals here.